- 1 ½ lb sirloin steak cut 2 inch thick, divide into two equally portioned steaks
- 6 slices Provolone cheese, cut in half
- ¼ C minced garlic
- 2 tsp. Memphis Steak Seasoning (or other steak seasoning of choice)
- ½ large red pepper, sliced lengthwise into thin strips
- 1 C mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bulb of garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 1 cooking onion, thinly sliced into vertical strips
- 2 T olive oil
- 4 slices of bacon
- Place prepared red pepper, mushrooms, garlic cloves and onion in a bowl. Drizzle olive oil over top and toss veggies until evenly coated. Place oil coated veggies on a perforated pan and set aside.
- Cut a large pocket into the side of each of the sirloin steak portions.
- Alternate stuffing the provolone cheese and minced garlic into the pockets.
- Wrap two slice of bacon around the outside edge of each steak securing with wooden tooth picks.
- Brush the outside of the steaks with a scant amount of olive oil and sprinkle with Memphis Steak Seasoning. Rub the seasoning into the meat on both sides.
- Smoke vegetables and steak on the Memphis Grill for 30 minutes at 180 degrees F. We recommend oak flavored pellets.
- Remove veggies and adjust the ITC (Intelligent Temperature Control) to 225 F. Continue to smoke the steaks for one more hour.
- Remove the sirloin steaks from the grill, adjust the ITC (Intelligent Temperature Control) to 350 degrees F. When the grill reaches temperature return the vegetables and roast them for ½ an hour with the lid down. Remove from the grill and keep warm.
- Adjust the ITC to 450 degrees F. When the Memphis reaches temperature, place the steaks back on grill, close the lid and cook until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees F (or approximately 8-10 minutes). Remove from grill. The internal temperature of the steaks will continue to rise (about 10 degrees) after removing from heat.
- Let rest briefly, slice, add the vegetables and enjoy!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.