Direct Flame Capability
The ONLY Pellet Grill with Multiple Levels of Direct Flame Heat!
Dedicated Direct Flame Mode offers the versatility to cook anything
Smoking is only half the story of grilling. With the addition of Direct Flame cooking, you can not only smoke at temps of 180 but you can sear a steak at temperatures up to 1000 degrees, for:
- Unparalleled flavor!
- Restaurant-quality, wood-fire grilling!
- Low, Medium and Xtreme Heat (ITC3 grills)!
- Unmatched searing and charring ability!
What good is a grill if it can't sear?
We hear it all the time: “Pellet grills can’t sear”. Well, that’s true in most cases, but Memphis Wood Fire Grills are different.
Our pellet grills come standard with two inserts: The first is the Indirect Insert, which is used to smoke, roast, bake, and hit high temperatures for searing without an open flame. The second insert is the Direct Flame Insert. With the Direct Flame Insert in place, grillers can access Direct Flame Modes on their controller, which allows for cooking over an open flame at high temperatures that can’t be reached by most pellet grills.
This is one of our favorite features, as it gives restaurant-quality searing capabilities. The Direct Flame Insert makes searing a steak simple and gives you the flexibility and versatility that you need from an all-in-one pellet grill.
When it comes to a wood fire grill that can truly do it all, don’t settle for anything less than the best…
…a grill that can smoke, bake, sear, roast,
AND allows you to cook over an open flame
with the switch of an insert!
How to Use Direct Flame Insert:
Before Using the Direct Flame Feature
Before you begin cooking in Direct Flame Mode on your Memphis pellet grill, make sure you’re set up for success:
- Ensure that the hopper is filled with pellets
- Have your Genie Tool ready to go
- Remove the grill grates and scrape off the Savorizer®
- Clean out the burn pot (using your Genie Tool!)
- Ensure that grease pans are cleaned and there’s no grease left from previous cooks
Important Notes for Cooking in Direct Flame Mode
While cooking over an open flame is easy with the Memphis, you should always abide by the following tips to ensure safety and proper use of your Memphis Wood Fire Grill:
- When cooking using the Direct Flame Insert on Direct Flame Settings, the hood should ALWAYS be in the open position. A closed hood during direct flame cooks may result in an Error-1 message. This error message means that the your pellet grill has reached too high of a temperature, causing the grill to shut down to avoid any damage to the unit.
- Never leave your grill unattended during a direct flame cook.
- When the Direct Flame Insert is in place, the pellet grill is only to be operated in Direct Flame Mode (LOW, MED, EXTREME), never at a set temperature (180°F-700°F).
- The grill is never to be operated in Direct Flame Mode while the Indirect Insert is in place.
- While operating the grill in Direct Flame Mode, the grill temperature will not be displayed on your controller and the Food Probe will be in Read Only Mode.