- applewood-smoked bacon slices, chopped
- 2 C onion, finely chopped
- 1 C green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 C no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/3 C packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can organic chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can organic Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- Cooking spray
- Preheat Memphis Grill to 325 degrees F.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon to pan, and sauté for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon, reserving 1 1/2 Tbsp drippings in pan.
- Set bacon aside. Add 2 C onion, bell pepper and minced garlic to drippings in pan, and sauté for 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- Combine tomato sauce and the next 8 ingredients (through red pepper) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in onion mixture and beans.
- Spoon bean mixture into an 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle with reserved bacon. Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.