- applewood-smoked bacon slices, chopped
- 2 C onion, finely chopped
- 1 C green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 C no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/3 C packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can organic black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can organic chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can organic Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- Cooking spray
- Preheat Memphis Grill to 325 degrees F.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon to pan, and sauté for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon, reserving 1 1/2 Tbsp drippings in pan.
- Set bacon aside. Add 2 C onion, bell pepper and minced garlic to drippings in pan, and sauté for 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and cool slightly.
- Combine tomato sauce and the next 8 ingredients (through red pepper) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Stir in onion mixture and beans.
- Spoon bean mixture into an 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle with reserved bacon. Cover and bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.