- 5 fresh Italian sausages, mild or hot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cooking onions, small dice
- 3 carrots, peeled & cut into small dice
- 3 stalks of celery, small dice
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 6 C chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 potatoes, peeled & cut into small dice
- 3 C shredded cabbage
- 1 can of mixed beans
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Place Italian sausages on the bottom rack of the Memphis Wood Fired Grill and close the lid. Set the Intelligent temperature Control to 225 F. Smoke the sausages for 2 hours until the internal temperature reaches 165 F. Remove from grill, cool to room temperature and refrigerate until ready for use.
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium high until hot and fragrant. Add the diced onions, carrots and celery. Add the dried herbs and sauté the mixture until the onions and celery become translucent and the carrot begins to soften.
- Add the chicken stock along with the bay leaves, diced potato and shredded cabbage. Bring to the boiling point and then adjust the heat under the pot so the liquid is simmering. Cover partially with the soup pot lid and let the soup simmer until the vegetables are soft and cooked through.
- Cut the smoked sausages into bite-sized chunks and add to the soup along with a can of pre-cooked mixed beans. Continue to simmer the soup for another 20 minutes. Adjust the seasoning with salt & pepper to taste.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.