- 1 medium eggplant
- ¼ C olive oil
- 1/3 C tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pushed through a press
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- Pre-heat the Memphis Wood Pellet Grill to 225 F
- Cut eggplant in half and brush the flat side of each half with 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Place the eggplant, flat side down, on the lowest rack of the pre-heated Memphis. Close the lid and smoke the eggplant for 1 hour.
- Wrap the eggplant halves in foil. Turn the temperature control up to 350 F and place the foil packets back on the grill for another ½ hour or until the eggplant is soft and cooked through. Remove from grill, open the foil packet s and let the eggplant cool.
- Scoop out the eggplant pulp and discard the skins. Place pulp in a food processor along with tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and the remaining olive oil.
- Process until the ingredients are well blended and a smooth mixture is achieved. Add a little extra olive oil if needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve this smoked Baba Ghanoush alongside a platter of mixed veggies and fried pita bread wedges.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.