- 1 medium eggplant
- ¼ C olive oil
- 1/3 C tahini
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pushed through a press
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- Pre-heat the Memphis Wood Pellet Grill to 225 F
- Cut eggplant in half and brush the flat side of each half with 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Place the eggplant, flat side down, on the lowest rack of the pre-heated Memphis. Close the lid and smoke the eggplant for 1 hour.
- Wrap the eggplant halves in foil. Turn the temperature control up to 350 F and place the foil packets back on the grill for another ½ hour or until the eggplant is soft and cooked through. Remove from grill, open the foil packet s and let the eggplant cool.
- Scoop out the eggplant pulp and discard the skins. Place pulp in a food processor along with tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt and the remaining olive oil.
- Process until the ingredients are well blended and a smooth mixture is achieved. Add a little extra olive oil if needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve this smoked Baba Ghanoush alongside a platter of mixed veggies and fried pita bread wedges.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.