- Pie Crust:
- 1 C flour
- 1/3 C + 2 Tbsp shortening (or lard)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-4 Tbsp cold water
- Pie Filling:
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree (recommend Libbys)
- 1-12 oz. can of evaporated milk
- 3/4 C granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- Whipped Topping:
- Heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla (approx. 1/2 tsp depending on quantity)
- Granulated white sugar to taste
- Preheat grill to 450 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine 1 C of flour, 1/3 C + 2 Tbsp of shortening or lard. I recommend butter flavored shortening if using shortening and 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Cut (don't mix or beat) shortening into flour using either a pastry cutter or two butter knives until they are small pieces cut into flour.
- Add 2-4 Tbsp of cold water enough to form a ball.
- Flour pastry cloth and roller sock and roll dough on pastry cloth into circle 2-3 inches bigger than bottom of pie pan.
- Fold rolled out dough in half by using the pastry cloth. Then fold pastry into a quarter. It will be easier to maneuver into pie pan.
- Place rolled dough into pan and sculp edges if desired.
- Place quartered rolled dough into pan.
- Unfold quartered dough into a half, and then again into a whole.
- Trim dough to about 1 inch extending beyond pan. Roll up excess dough, seal and flute edges.
- Pumpkin Pie Filling Directions
- Blend sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie pan.
- Cover the edge of the crust with thin strip of aluminum foil or pampered chef has a metal rim to avoid burning the crust edge.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake for another 40-50 minutes. Pie is done when you insert a butter knife and it comes out clean.
- Add the whipped cream (if desired), serve and enjoy!
- Home-Made Whipping Cream Directions
- Home-made whipping cream only take about 5 minutes to make and tastes so much better than prepared whipping cream. Here's 3 easy steps!
- Pour heavy whipping cream into bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until it begins to thicken.
- Gradually blend in granulated sugar to taste (about 1/4 C) and vanilla to taste.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.