- 2 pounds skinless chicken thighs, bone in
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 - 13.5 oz. cans of coconut milk, full fat
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeños, ribs and seeds removed, fine dice
- 1 cooking onion, fine dice
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 1 ½ tbsp yellow curry powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt flakes
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ C fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the Memphis Wood Pellet Grill to 300 F.
- Remove skin from chicken thighs leaving the bone in. Heat olive oil in a cast iron or enameled casserole dish over medium-high heat. Sear both sides of the chicken thighs in two separate batches. Use extra olive oil if needed. Remove chicken from the casserole and set aside.
- Combine coconut milk, garlic, jalapeño, onion, basil, curry powder, turmeric, chili powder, cumin, coriander and salt flakes in the casserole and heat over medium heat until the coconut milk begins to simmer. Add the chicken back into the casserole pot. Cover and place on the lower rack of the preheated Memphis. Close the lid and bake for 2 – 2 ½ hours.
- Take the chicken pieces out of the pot, remove the meat from the bones and shred using two forks. Keep the curry warm on the stove over medium-low heat while you are shredding the chicken. (You can also skip this shredding step and serve the chicken on the bone if preferred).
- Turn the heat under the pot up to medium. Whisk the cornstarch into two T of cold water then pour the resulting slurry into the simmering curry, whisking while the curry thickens.
- Return the chicken to the pot, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the chicken is heated through.
- Stir in the grated ginger and fresh cilantro. Serve over rice with naan bread on the side.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.