- 1 ½ C minute oatmeal
- ½ C whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 2 C buttermilk
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Let your mixture sit 20-30 minutes so the oatmeal absorbs some of the buttermilk.
- Preheat Memphis to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a skillet with nonstick spray or butter.
- Test your skillet by sprinkling with water. If the water drops sit in the pan, it’s not hot enough. If they immediately sizzle, spark and evaporate, your pan is too hot and you need to remove it from the Memphis for a few minutes before adding the pancake batter. If the water lightly sizzles, you’re good to go!
- Pour your batter onto the skillet. Because these pancakes are a bit on the thicker, heartier side, they work best as small cakes so they can cook all the way through. Be careful not to flip too soon – when the pancake is ready, you should have no problem flipping it to the other side.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with butter and syrup, or some delicious caramelized fruit (see our grilled peaches recipe for directions or inspiration).
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.