- 2 lbs Chicken thighs
- 1 Tbs Creole seasoning
- 1 lb Kielbasa sausage
- ½ lb Andouille
- 2 Roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, finely diced
- ½ Green Pepper, finely diced
- 1 Celery stalk, finely diced
- ½ lb Bacon or Ham, diced
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp White Pepper
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 3/4 Cup White Rice
- 3 Cups Chicken broth
- 2 Bay Leafs
- 1/2 Cup Green onions, finely sliced
- Set up your Memphis Wood Fire Grill for Direct flame grilling and medium temperature. Always have the hood open when you cook with Direct flame.
- Trim and season the chicken thighs with Creole seasoning.
- Place chicken, the Kielbasa and Andouille sausages, and the tomatoes on the grill. Grill the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, about 20 minutes.
- Cook sausages until browned all over, about 10 minutes.
- Cook tomatoes until they have grill marks and start to blacken, about 5 minutes. Remember to turn chicken and sausage occasionally, until
- Transfer chicken, sausage, and tomatoes to a cutting board as they are done. When cool enough to handle, pull chicken into large chunks, slice the sausages and chop the tomatoes.
- Place a large cast iron pan over the Direct Flame Insert and add Olive oil to the pan and heat until shimmering.
- Add onions, pepper, and celery and cook until vegetables have softened, 7 to 8 minutes, and stir occasionally.
- Add the bacon and cook for about 10 minutes until nicely browned.
- Add garlic, salt, white pepper, black pepper, and hot sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir to thoroughly coat grains with the mixture.
- Add chicken stock and bay leaf.
- Simmer until rice is fully cooked, 20-30 minutes.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.