- Grilled Romaine Hearts:
- 6 Romaine Hearts
- 4 Bacon Strips
- 1 Tbs Coarse Black Pepper
- Shaved Parmesan
- Homemade Caesar Dressing:
- 6 Anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 Tbs Lemon juice, plus more
- ¾ Tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbs Vegetable oil
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 3 Tbs Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 Tsp Tabasco
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Black pepper, Sea Salt, and Lemon Juice to tast
- Set your Memphis Wood Fire Grills to 500 degrees. Season one side of the bacon strips with coarse black pepper. Place the bacon strips on the upper grill rack and slide an aluminum pan underneath to collect all the bacon drippings. Cook the bacon for 10-minutes or until crispy. Remove and place on paper towels. When cool chop bacon into bits. Remove aluminum pan with bacon drippings and let cool.
- Chop anchovy fillets, garlic, and pinch of salt. Use the side of a knife blade to mash into a paste, then scrape into a medium bowl. Whisk in the egg yolks, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard. Add Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce as start whisking.
- Gradually whisk in the vegetable oil, and then the olive oil and whisk until dressing is thick and glossy. Add finely grated Parmesan cheese and season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired. Whisk and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Cut the romaine hearts in halves, rinse and dry. Brush the inside of the hearts with the bacon drippings and season with salt and pepper.
- Insert the Direct Flame insert. Set the grill to direct flame MAX. Place the romaine hearts down on the grates and grill for 1-2 minutes until you have visible grill marks. Don’t overcook it.
- Let the romaine hearts cool down and drizzle with Caesar dressing and sprinkle bacon. Add shaved Parmesan just before serving.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.