- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed through a garlic press
- Grinding of pepper
- ¼ C white wine vinegar
- ¾ C oil
- 4 C mixed greens
- ¼ C carrot, shredded or slivered
- ¼ C broccoli stems, slivered
- ¼ C shredded purple cabbage
- ¼ C red onion, very thinly sliced
- ¼ C toasted sliced almonds
- 1 lb Halloumi cheese (cut into 2” cubes)
- 1 T olive oil
- Pre-soak 4 wooden skewers for 1 hour, covered in water
- Pre-heat the grill pan on the Memphis Pellet grill to 500 degrees
- Whisk the Dijon, crushed garlic, vinegar and pepper together. Slowly drizzle the oil in (drop by drop) while you continue to whisk vigorously. When the oil is all incorporated set the vinaigrette dressing aside.
- Toss together the mixed greens, carrot, red cabbage, red onion and toasted sliced almonds. Divide between four salad plates.
- Slide cubes of Halloumi cheese onto the pre-soaked wooden skewers. Leave about ¼” of space between the cubes. Brush the cheese skewers on both sides, with 1 T of olive oil.
- If you don’t have a ridged grill pan a heavy duty cast iron fry pan will work nicely too. Place the skewered Halloumi cubes in the pan and grill for 3-5 minutes. The cubes will flatten out a bit as the cheese softens. Keep a close eye on the cheese to make sure it doesn’t melt completely. When it is golden brown and slightly crusty, flip the skewers over and grill for another 2 or three minutes.
- Serve the grilled Halloumi cheese skewers on top of the mixed greens salad, drizzled with the vinaigrette.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.