- 1 chuck roast, chunked up for searing
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted and sliced
- 3 tangerines, halved
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 4 T sweetened condensed milk
- 3 T dried chipotle
- 2 T granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. pink salt
- oil for pan
- Roast the red peppers over the grill on open flame Max until skins are blackened. Place the peppers in a paper bag to cool, which will release the skins. Set aside.
- Return grill to indirect heat and set to 600 F. Preheat dutch oven on the grill for searing the beef.
- Rub the meat with the dried chipotle, garlic, and salt. Add 3 T vegetable oil to the dutch oven and sear the meat, browning on all sides. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients, squeezing the juice from the tangerines and then adding the halves with skin-on.
- Adjust the grill set temperature to smoke at 250 F.
- Smoke with the lid off the dutch oven for 1.5 hours. Replace the lid and lower the grill temp to 180 F for 3 hours.
- Remove the tangerine peels and shred the meat into the juices.
- Serve with lightly grilled tortillas, and a garnish of thinly sliced habanero, sour cream, and cilantro.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.