- ¾ lb haddock (about 2 medium-size fillets)
- 1/3 C white flour
- ½ tsp kosher salt flakes
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 2/3 C panko bread crumbs
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 Lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves, shredded
- 6 - 8” tortillas
- ½ C sour cream
- 1/3 C Thai Chili Sauce
- 2 tbsp cilantro paste or 4 T minced cilantro leaves
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 habanero pepper or 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- Preheat the Memphis Pellet Grill to 400 F
- Cut each of the fish fillets into 6 bite-sized chunks per fillet.
- Mix together the flour, salt, granulated garlic, chipotle powder, paprika, thyme and black pepper. Spread this mixture out on a flat plate.
- Place eggs in a small bowl and beat lightly with a fork.
- Place the panko crumbs on a flat plate and spread them out evenly across the plate.
- Dust one chunk of fish in the flour mixture and then dip the flour coated fish in the beaten egg. Roll the fish in the panko crumbs until well coated and lay the coated fish chunk on a sheet that is coated with foil and sprayed lightly with cooking oil. Repeat this procedure with the remaining chunks of fish. Place the pan on the lower rack of the preheated Memphis and close the lid. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until the crumbs are golden brown and the fish is opaque and flaky.
- Alternate Cooking Method: Coat a cast iron frying pan with ¼” of cooking oil. When the oil is hot place several of the coated fish chunks in the pan. Fry for about 5 minutes then flip over and continue to fry for 3 or four more minutes. You can do this using the Memphis if you own the Direct Flame Insert. Place the cast iron pan directly above the insert when using this method. Keep the cooked fish chunks warm while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- Prepare the red pepper slices, lemon wedges and shredded romaine lettuce – set aside.
- Sour Cream Sauce: Mix together the sour cream, Thai Chili Sauce and 1 tbsp of the cilantro paste.
- Fresh Tomato Salsa: Mix together the diced tomato, lemon juice, minced red onion, minced habanero pepper and cilantro paste.
- Lay the tortillas flat on the lower level of the preheated Memphis. Grill for 2 or 3 three minutes then flip them over for another minute or two. Layer the shredded lettuce, red pepper slices and fish chunks along the center of each grilled taco. Serve with the sauces and lemon wedges on the side.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.