- 4 whole trout
- 1 fennel plant
- 6-8 mini sweet peppers
- ½ cup of butter, cut into 1 Tbsp slices
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Set your Memphis to smoke at 250°F.
- Clean your trout. If your trout is not already cut for stuffing by your butcher or seafood market, use a fillet knife to cut from the bottom whole located on the stomach by the tail all the way up to the gills. Remove the fishes intestines and any bones that you see.
- Slice your mini peppers and fennel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lay trout on a cookie sheet and fill each cavity from head to tail. Add one Tbsp-sized slice (or ‘pat’) of butter into the cavity.
- Put the fish into the grill and let it smoke for 30-45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Drizzle with olive oil and enjoy.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.