- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 Tbsp plus 2 tsp minced ginger root
- 2 ½ Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 jalapeño chili pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ C peanut butter
- 1 ¾ C coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ Tbsp lime juice
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour
- Preheat the Memphis to 400 F
- Make a marinade by mixing together 1 Tbsp of the minced ginger root, 1 Tbsp of the fish sauce, and 2 cloves of minced garlic in a bowl. Add in the chicken strips and toss until the chicken is coated evenly in the marinade. Cover, and refrigerate for an hour.
- While the chicken is marinating, heat the peanut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, the remaining ginger, and the jalapeño chili peppers. Toss until softened and lightly browned. Reduce heat to low, and stir in peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, brown sugar, the remaining 1 ½ Tbsp of fish sauce and the lime juice. Blend well and let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Thread chicken onto pre-soaked skewers.
- Grill chicken skewers on the lower rack of the Memphis Pellet Grill until no longer pink in the center, approximately 3 -5 minutes per side (grilling time will depend on the thickness of the chicken strips). Serve with warm peanut sauce on the side.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.