- 4 chicken leg/thigh quarter sections
- 1 tsp kosher salt flakes
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 T garlic powder
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 T oil
- 1 cooking onion, finely chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ C dry white wine
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 C chicken broth
- ½ C cilantro leaves, shredded
- Preheat the Memphis Pellet grill to 375 degrees F. Place a heavy cast iron skillet in the grill.
- Rinse the chicken pieces and pat dry. Mix together salt, chipotle powder, black pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg. Sprinkle both sides of each chicken piece with the spice rub mixture.
- In a heavy cast iron skillet heat 1 T of the oil and brown the chicken pieces. Remove from skillet.
- Add one more T of oil to the hot skillet and sauté the onion until it softens and begins to turn a golden brown. Add the chopped jalapenos and garlic while continuing to sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Next add the chicken broth and wine to the skillet bring to the boiling point then reduce to a simmer. Add the lime juice. Continue simmering for 4 more minutes. Place the chicken in the skillet, sprinkle the shredded cilantro leaves overtop and place the skillet on the pre-heated grill. Close the lid and bake for 45 minutes (or until the meat probe reaches 165 degrees F).
- Remove from the grill and let the chicken sit for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.