- 4 chicken leg/thigh quarter sections
- 1 tsp kosher salt flakes
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 T garlic powder
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 T oil
- 1 cooking onion, finely chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ C dry white wine
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 C chicken broth
- ½ C cilantro leaves, shredded
- Preheat the Memphis Pellet grill to 375 degrees F. Place a heavy cast iron skillet in the grill.
- Rinse the chicken pieces and pat dry. Mix together salt, chipotle powder, black pepper, garlic powder and nutmeg. Sprinkle both sides of each chicken piece with the spice rub mixture.
- In a heavy cast iron skillet heat 1 T of the oil and brown the chicken pieces. Remove from skillet.
- Add one more T of oil to the hot skillet and sauté the onion until it softens and begins to turn a golden brown. Add the chopped jalapenos and garlic while continuing to sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Next add the chicken broth and wine to the skillet bring to the boiling point then reduce to a simmer. Add the lime juice. Continue simmering for 4 more minutes. Place the chicken in the skillet, sprinkle the shredded cilantro leaves overtop and place the skillet on the pre-heated grill. Close the lid and bake for 45 minutes (or until the meat probe reaches 165 degrees F).
- Remove from the grill and let the chicken sit for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.