- ½ C quick oats
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp kosher salt flakes
- 1 C boiling water
- 1/3 C Molasses
- 1 packet rapid rising yeast
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ C unbleached white flour
- In a large bowl combine butter, salt and rolled oats.
- Pour 1 C of boiling water over the rolled oats mixture. Mix in molasses and whole wheat flour. The mixture will be really wet and sticky. Let it cool until lukewarm.
- Sprinkle the contents of the quick acting yeast into the mixture. Stir it into the sticky rolled oat/flour dough.
- Gradually add 1 C of the white flour. Turn the dough out onto the counter and incorporate the final ½ cup as you knead the dough. Knead until the dough becomes soft, with an elastic feel, and no longer sticks to the counter. This should take about ten minutes.
- Shape into one large loaf, or two smaller loaves, and place into greased loaf pans.
- Cover with a clean dish towel and let rise for about an hour (until the bulk as doubled). This will depend on how warm your kitchen is. I let my loaves rise inside the oven with the interior oven light turned on. The heat from the light provides the perfect temperature for a one hour rising period.
- Pre-heat the Memphis Pellet Grill to 350 F
- Bake on lower rack of the pre-heated Memphis, with the lid down, for 40 - 50 min. or until the loaf has a hollow sound when tapped. Cool on wire rack.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.