- ½ C quick oats
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp kosher salt flakes
- 1 C boiling water
- 1/3 C Molasses
- 1 packet rapid rising yeast
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ C unbleached white flour
- In a large bowl combine butter, salt and rolled oats.
- Pour 1 C of boiling water over the rolled oats mixture. Mix in molasses and whole wheat flour. The mixture will be really wet and sticky. Let it cool until lukewarm.
- Sprinkle the contents of the quick acting yeast into the mixture. Stir it into the sticky rolled oat/flour dough.
- Gradually add 1 C of the white flour. Turn the dough out onto the counter and incorporate the final ½ cup as you knead the dough. Knead until the dough becomes soft, with an elastic feel, and no longer sticks to the counter. This should take about ten minutes.
- Shape into one large loaf, or two smaller loaves, and place into greased loaf pans.
- Cover with a clean dish towel and let rise for about an hour (until the bulk as doubled). This will depend on how warm your kitchen is. I let my loaves rise inside the oven with the interior oven light turned on. The heat from the light provides the perfect temperature for a one hour rising period.
- Pre-heat the Memphis Pellet Grill to 350 F
- Bake on lower rack of the pre-heated Memphis, with the lid down, for 40 - 50 min. or until the loaf has a hollow sound when tapped. Cool on wire rack.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.