- 1 medium cooking onion, thin slices
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 4 - day-old croissant, cut into 1 ” cubes
- 1 ½ C old cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
- ¾ C milk
- 1 tsp dried thyme (or 1 T fresh leaves)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat the Memphis Pellet Grill to 350 F
- Heat oil in skillet and add the thinly sliced onion. Cook slowly over medium heat until the onions are golden brown and nicely caramelized (about 10 minutes) stirring occasionally.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spray the casserole dish with cooking oil and place a layer of croissant cubes on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle on half of the grated cheese and half of the caramelized onion. Top with the remaining croissant cubes and onions, ending with the rest of the grated cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the top of the layered casserole. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, preheat the Memphis Pellet Grill to 350 F. Bake the Strata on the lower rack for 35 minutes until it puffs up slightly and the cheese topping is nicely browned.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.