- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 large eggplants (2 1/2 pounds total), peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 jars (24 oz.) tomato pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat Memphis Grill to 375° with the solid insert in place and hood closed. In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and 2 tablespoons water. In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, and basil.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture, letting excess drip off, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture, coating well. Place eggplant slices directly on grate. Cook until golden brown on bottom, about 10 minutes. Turn slices; continue cooking until very tender and browned on other side, about 10 minutes longer. Increase grill to 400°.
- Spread 2 cups sauce in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Arrange half the eggplant in pan; cover with 2 cups sauce, then about 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat with remaining eggplant, sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Continue cooking until sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.