- 2 ½ C flour
- 2 T sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ C butter (2 sticks)
- 6 – 8 T ice water
- 8 large Granny Smith apples
- ½ C brown sugar
- 2 T white flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 T butter
- To make the pastry, combine the flour, white sugar, and salt. Cut in the chilled butter until the flour/butter mixture resembles corn meal. Some people freeze the butter and simply grate the frozen butter into the flour mixture then toss it altogether.
- Add the ice water a tablespoon at a time and mix using a fork or your fingers. Lightly knead until the dough forms into a ball. Do not overwork the pastry dough.
- Divide the dough into two balls, one slightly smaller than the other. Flatten the balls into round disks, wrap and refrigerate for ½ hour.
- Peel, core and cut the apples into slices. Mix the sugar, flour, and cinnamon together. Toss with the sliced apples.
- Dust your working surface with flour as well as the rolling pin. Roll out the larger pastry disk into a circle big enough to line and overlap a nine inch pie plate. Dust lightly with extra flour as needed.
- Place the prepared filling inside the pastry lined pie plate and distribute evenly. Dot the top of the pie with the butter.
- It’s now time to pre-heat the Memphis Pellet Grill to 375 F.
- Roll the remaining pastry disk into a circle that will cover the apples in the pie plate. Fold in half, and then into quarters to ease the process when you transfer it from your work surface to the top of your pie.
- Press and crimp the top and bottom pastry together and trim the excess. Cut small slits in the top pastry so steam can escape while the pie is baking. Sprinkle the pie with white sugar.
- Bake on the lower rack of the Memphis (lid down) for approximately 1 hour or until the pie filling is bubbling and the crust is golden brown.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.