- ½ C butter
- ¾ C brown sugar
- 6 round pineapple slices
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ C unbleached white flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C sour cream
- Preheat the Memphis Pellet Grill to 350 degrees F
- Melt butter in a cast iron frying pan. Remove from heat.
- Mix in brown sugar and spread the sugar/butter evenly around the bottom of the cast iron pan.
- Arrange pineapple slices on top of the brown sugar/butter mixture. Set aside.
- Cream together the soft butter and white sugar while adding the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla.
- Sift together the white flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing by hand. Add 1/3 of the sour cream and continue mixing by hand. Alternate back and forth until all the dry ingredients and sour cream have been incorporated into the cake batter. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Spread the batter over top of the brown sugar, butter and pineapples slices in the cast iron pan.
- Place on the middle rack of the pre-heated grill and bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until a cake tester, inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan on top of a cake rack for 5 minutes.
- Invert onto cake platter.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.