- 1 T oil
- ½ lb. ground beef
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, fine dice
- 2 T chili powder
- 1 tsp. chipotle powder, (more if you like it hot!)
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 - 14 oz. can black beans
- 1 - 14 oz. can kidney beans
- 1 - 14 oz. can baked beans with pork
- 2 - 14 oz. cans stewed tomatoes, plain or Mexican flavored
- 3 C leftover smoked brisket (cut into bite-sized chunks)
- Sauté diced onions and jalapeno pepper in the oil until they begin to soften. Add the spices, salt and the ground beef and continue cooking until the beef is no longer pink in color.
- Add all the canned beans and stewed tomatoes to the ground beef mixture and bring to a slow boil. Adjust the heat under the pot so that the chili is just simmering. Cover and cook for 1 ½ - 2 hour stirring occasionally.
- Add the smoked brisket chunks and simmer for fifteen more minutes.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.