- 1 lb prawns, shell on and deveined
- For marinade/dressing:
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 T rice wine vinegar
- 1 T honey
- 1 T red chili’s, minced or red chili sauce
- 1 T fish sauce
- 2 t fresh ginger, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T each of red, yellow and orange mini sweet peppers, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- For garnish:
- 1 habanero pepper, sliced
- 1 T fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 t chives, minced
- 1/2 t fresh black pepper
- Marinate prawns for 20 mins-1 hour in 1/2 the prepared marinade, reserving the other 1/2 for garnish.
- Preheat grill to cook on LOW setting in open flame mode.
- Skewer prawns with two skewers, running parallel about 2 inches apart, in order to keep them from churning up during grilling.
- Grill 2 minutes each side, brushing with marinade, or until prawns have turned fully pink and taken on a bit of char.
- Serve hot with the reserved marinade, fresh cilantro, sliced habanero and black pepper to garnish.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.