- 1 whole chicken
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 fresh lemons, juice and zest
- Preheat Memphis Grill to 375°F.
- Spatchcock (or butterfly) your chicken by cutting along both sides of the backbone from neck to tail with a knife or kitchen shears. Then, lay the chicken flat and push down on the breast bones to break the ribs (this should make the bird lay even flatter).
- Mix all other ingredients except ½ tsp of salt in a small bowl or mortar and pestle to make a rub.
- Spread the rub evenly over the bird, making sure to get under the chicken’s skin.
- Once the grill is preheated and the chicken is prepped, place the chicken directly onto the grill grates. Insert meat probe into the thickest part of the breast.
- Cook for approximately one hour or until the thermometer reads 165°F.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.