- 1 whole chicken
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 fresh lemons, juice and zest
- Preheat Memphis Grill to 375°F.
- Spatchcock (or butterfly) your chicken by cutting along both sides of the backbone from neck to tail with a knife or kitchen shears. Then, lay the chicken flat and push down on the breast bones to break the ribs (this should make the bird lay even flatter).
- Mix all other ingredients except ½ tsp of salt in a small bowl or mortar and pestle to make a rub.
- Spread the rub evenly over the bird, making sure to get under the chicken’s skin.
- Once the grill is preheated and the chicken is prepped, place the chicken directly onto the grill grates. Insert meat probe into the thickest part of the breast.
- Cook for approximately one hour or until the thermometer reads 165°F.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.