- 2 small eggplants (about 1 lb. total)
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 C extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 C baby mixed greens lettuce
- 2 oz. Manchego cheese, cut in thin curls with a vegetable peeler
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Cut strips in each eggplant’s peel by running a vegetable peeler down the length of it and repeating at about 1-inch intervals. Slice the eggplants into rounds 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Lay them on a baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with 1/2 tsp salt. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Blot the eggplant slices with paper towels and lightly coat both sides with olive oil spray.
- Grill the eggplant, flipping halfway through, until soft and caramelized on both sides, 9-11 minutes total.
- Puree oil, vinegar, tomato, garlic, smoked paprika and the remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a blender until well combined.
- Toss salad greens with half the vinaigrette in a medium bowl.
- Arrange the eggplant slices on 6 salad plates. Drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette.
- Place the salad greens over and between the eggplant slices, then scatter the cheese curls on top of each salad. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.