- 1 lb lean ground hamburger
- 1/3 C panko bread crumbs
- ½ C finely grated parmesan
- ½ C shredded old cheddar or asiago cheese
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- ½ C onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- 1/8 C Worcestershire
- ½ C BBQ sauce
- 1/3” cubes of aged cheddar or asiago cheese
- Pre-heat the Memphis Pellet Grill to 225 F.
- Mix all of the ingredients together, except for the cheese cubes and BBQ sauce, in the order given, until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Make 1 ½” meatballs by rolling a small portion of the mixture between the palms of your hands. You will have approximately 30 meatballs when done.
- Press one cheese cube down into the center of each meatball. Once again roll each of the meatballs around, between the palms of your hands, to seal the cube of cheese inside.
- Put the cheese filled meatballs on a flat pan lined with parchment paper. Place the pan on the bottom grate of the pre-heated Memphis Grill. Close the lid and smoke for a half-hour.
- Baste the meatballs with your favorite BBQ Sauce. Close the lid and continue smoking for another half-hour. Baste again then turn the Memphis up to 350 F and close the lid. Bake for another 20 – 25 minutes. The meatballs are done when the internal temperature reaches 160 F.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.