- For the Wrapped Scallops
- • 8 large scallops (shelled and cleaned)
- • 8 extra thin slices of prosciutto ham
- For the Vinaigrette & Salad
- • 2T lemon juice
- • 1 T Dijon mustard
- • ½ tsp sugar
- • 1 large clove garlic, crushed through a garlic press or finely minced
- • 2/3 C light olive oil
- • 3 C mixed spring greens
- • 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- • ½ red pepper, seeded and cut into long thin slices
- Set Intelligent Temperature Control (ITC) to 225-250 degrees F. Maintain temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- Place a scallop on the edge of a thin slice of prosciutto ham and roll it up tucking in the sides of the prosciutto so that the whole scallop is completely covered. Do this with all of the scallops. Place the scallops on a small wire rack before putting them onto the larger Memphis grill racks (so they don’t fall through) and close the lid. The amount of time you smoke these scallops will depend on their size. The total smoking time will likely be between 20 – 40 minutes. The extra-large scallops we used (pictured above) were smoked for a full 40 minutes. The meat of the scallops will go from being a translucent white color to an opaque white when they are done.
- The salads can be prepped while the scallops are being smoked. Rinse the spring greens and spin them dry. Arrange ¾ C of the dried greens on each of four plates. Divide the sliced red pepper between the salad plates and sprinkle each of the salads with a portion of the scallions.
- To make the vinaigrette combine the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, crushed garlic and sugar together in a small ceramic bowl. Add the oil in a slow and steady stream while whisking vigorously until all the oil has been incorporated and the vinaigrette is smooth and creamy.
- When the scallops are finished smoking cut each one in half.
- Drizzle a few tablespoon of the vinaigrette over each salad and arrange the scallop halves in the centre of each plate before serving.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.