- 4 pork chops, 1 ½” thick ( approximately 1 lb. each)
- 2 C hot water
- 1 C cold water
- 2 C ice cubes
- ½ C Kosher salt
- ½ C white sugar
- ¼ C brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 T oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 apples, peeled & diced
- 2 C sauerkraut, rinsed & drained
- In a bowl or stainless steel pot large enough to hold the chops, dissolve salt, white sugar in the hot water. Add the cold water and the ice cubes. You want the liquid volume to be about 1 gallon. Once the solution is nice and cold add the chops, making sure they are completely covered by the liquid. Cover and refrigerate for 6 – 8 hours.
- Remove chops from brine and pat dry.
- Make a rub for the chops by mixing together the brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, chipotle powder & black pepper.
- Rub the chops on both sides with the spice mixture and place on the lower racks of the Memphis Pellet Grill.
- Set the grill to 225 degrees F, close the lid and smoke the chops for 2 hours.
- In a cast iron frying pan, large enough to hold the pork chops, sauté the chopped onions and apples until softened and add the sauerkraut. Add the smoked chops to the pan, arranging the onion, apple & sauerkraut mixture around and on top of the chops.
- Turn the Memphis up to 350 degrees F. Place the pan on the grill, close the lid and bake the chops until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F, (about 35 – 40 minutes).
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.