- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1T olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg yolks (or two small yolks)
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup oil
- Set Intelligent Temperature Control (ITC) to 225 degrees F.
- Remove any loose parts of the papery coating from the outside of the garlic bulb.
- Using a sharp knife slice off the top of the bulb exposing the top part of the individual cloves.
- Rub a small amount of olive oil over the surface of the bulb
- Place the bulb inside the pre-heated Memphis grill and close the lid.
- Smoke in the grill for 1 ½ hours or until the cloves are soft but not mushy. Remove and let cool for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Separate the garlic bulb into individual cloves. Squeeze the cloves out of their covers onto a small flat plate. Mash the cloves into a paste using a small fork and set aside.
- Put the egg yolk, lemon juice and Dijon mustard into the blender container and process on high speed until well blended. Remove the stopper from the top of your blender and drizzle the oil very slowly into the egg yolk mixture while continuing to process on high speed. The resulting combination will begin to turn an opaque off-white colour as the oil/egg yolk mixture emulsifies. Take your time with this procedure.
- When all the oil has been incorporated into the aioli stop the blender and add the mashed garlic. Pulse a few times to blend the smoked/roasted garlic paste with the rest of the aioli sauce. Store in the fridge, in an air-tight container.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.