- 12 Tomatillos
- 4 medium Tomatoes
- 12 Jalapeños
- 1 Serrano Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 3 Garlic Bulbs
- 1 bunch of Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbs Cumin
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- ½ Can Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Set up the Memphis Wood Fire Grill for Direct Flame, maximum heat. Always grill with the hood open when you grill with Direct Flame. Roast all the veggies over direct flame. When one bunch of veggies have a good char, move them to the side of the grill and grill some of the other veggies over the Direct Flame insert. Continue until all the veggies have a good char.
- Let the veggies cool then peel the garlic bulbs and trim the stalk of the jalapeños.
- Place all the veggies in a large stock pot together with the cumin, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, cilantro and chicken broth.
- Mix with an immersion blender until smooth. Add salt or pepper if needed. Serve with Tortilla Chips.
- Happy Cinco de Mayo!!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.