- 12 lbs. beef brisket
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 oz. beef broth
- 4 oz. apple juice
- 4 oz. BBQ Sauce
- Brisket rub ingredients:
- 3 Tbsp coarse black pepper
- 3 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp chipotle powder
- Combine the brisket rub ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Store in an air-tight container until needed.
- Rub oil into brisket.
- Rub dry mix into brisket.
- Let the meat marinate for 24 hours.
- Place brisket on the lower rack of your Memphis Grill, fat side up. Insert the meat probe into the brisket avoiding the blade bone. Set the meat probe temp to 150 degrees F and close the grill lid.
- Set the Memphis Grill temperature to 225 degrees F.
- Smoke the meat until internal temperature reaches 150 degrees F.
- Place brisket in a 2-inch pan with 1/2 C beef broth and 1/2 C apple juice.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil and place back on the grill.
- Continue smoking the meat until the internal temp reaches 190 degrees F.
- Lower grill temperature to 190 degrees F and let meat rest on grill for 3 hours.
- Remove brisket from grill.
- Carve and serve with BBQ sauce on the side.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.