- ¾ C medium bulgur (cracked wheat)
- ¾ C boiling water
- 1 large red onion, peeled
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 ear of corn, shucked
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, fine dice
- 2/3 C parsley, minced
- ¼ C fresh oregano leaves, minced
- ¼ C fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp kosher salt flakes (or to taste)
- Grinding of pepper
- Pour boiling water over the bulgur and cover. Set aside on the counter for 10 minutes while the water is absorbed by the cracked wheat. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the salad.
- Preheat the Memphis to 400 F.
- Cut the red onion, zucchini, and tomatoes into thick slices. Brush the slices as well as the ear of corn with olive oil and grill turning occasionally. Remove as the individual slices are cooked and nice charred grill marks appear. The tomatoes will be done first, and then the zucchini followed by the onion. The corn will take a bit longer.
- Note: You can also use a flat cast iron griddle pan, ridged side up if you have one. Place the oiled pan inside the Memphis while it is pre-heating so the pan is good and hot before the veggies go on.
- Dice up the grilled vegetables when cool enough to handle then add them to the cracked wheat. Stir in the minced herbs, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.