- The Meat:
- 5 Pork chops
- 3 Tbs of Pork Rub
- Smoked and Chunky Apple Sauce:
- 5 Golden Delicious Apples (or other sweet apple variety)
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon ground
- ½ Tsp Allspice ground
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Cup Apple Juice
- Season the pork chops with the BBQ rub of choice and let them sit covered at room temperature for about 45 minutes.
- Set the Memphis Wood Fire Grills in Smoke Mode using Apple Pellets and set the temperature to 200 F.
- Half, peel and core the apples. Smoke the apple for 15 minutes.
- Set up your Memphis Wood Fire Grill for Direct Flame grilling and set the temperature to Medium.
- Place apples cut sides down on the grill. Grill for about 3 minutes or until the apples are bronzed and lightly blackened. Use tongs to turn them over and grill for an additional 2 minutes
- Transfer the apples to a cutting board and chop into 1-inch pieces.
- Put the chopped apples in a large saucepan and place over low heat. Add the cinnamon, allspice, salt and apple juice. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, to form a slightly chunky applesauce. Transfer to a serving bowl and set aside
- Transfer the pork chops to the Memphis grill which should still be set up for Direct flame grilling and medium temperature. Grill the pork chops for 8 to 10 minutes (4-5 minutes each side) until they are cooked all the way through with a hint of pink in the center. When finished, remove from the grill and rest for 5 minutes before serving with the smoked and chunky apple sauce.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.