- Corned Beef brisket, flat cut
- 1 can Guinness
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ cooking onion
- 1 medium-sized cabbage
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- In the morning remove the flat cut brisket from the plastic and rinse. Place in a stainless steel bowl and cover with cold water and refrigerate for 2 hours. Drain off water, cover again for another 2 hours. Drain once more and cover with more cold water until mid-afternoon. You can skip this step if you know the corned brisket you have purchased is not overly salty, but this step will be necessary for many commercially prepared briskets
- Pre-heat the Memphis Wood Pellet Grill to 275 F.
- Place the brisket in a cast iron casserole pot with a tight-fitting lid. Pour about ½ can of Guinness around the brisket (so the liquid comes halfway up the side of the meat). Add the garlic cloves and onion to the pot. Cover and place on the lower rack of the pre-heated Memphis. Close the lid and braise for 1 ½ - 2 hours or until the temperature of the brisket reaches 205 F. Remove the pot and turn the heat up to 350 F.
- Core the cabbage and cut into wedges.
- Remove the brisket from the braising pot and place on a foil covered pan. Place the cabbage wedges into the pot, cover with the lid and put the pot back onto the middle rack of the oven.
- Mix the Dijon mustard with the brown sugar to form a paste. Spread the paste across the top of the brisket, place it on a foil wrapped sheet and place it on the grill next to the pot with the cabbage. Bake until the glaze is nicely browned (about 20 – 25 minutes). Remove from the Memphis and let rest for 5 minutes.
- The cabbage should be cooked through and soft. The cabbage should be ready once the glaze of the brisket is browned. Remove from the pot with a slotted spoon
- Place the corned beef on a platter surrounded by the cabbage wedges. Serve with cooked baby red potatoes and baby carrots.
- Pour some of the braising liquid into a small pitcher and pass around after serving the corned beef brisket.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.