- 1 bulb of garlic, separated into individual cloves
- 1 C olive oil
- Cut off the root end of each garlic clove. Smash the cloves using the flat side of a knife pressed over each clove. This will partially crush the cloves making their papery coating easy to remove. Chop the cloves coarsely.
- Heat 1/4 C of the olive oil in a small saucepan until it begins to simmer and add the chopped garlic. Simmer for 5 minutes. The garlic will turn a light golden brown. Keep a close eye on the pot to avoid scorching the garlic, as this will give the infused oil a bitter flavor.
- Add the rest of the oil and adjust the heat under the saucepan to return the oil to a simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Allow the oil to cool slightly. Line a sieve with several layers of cheese cloth and strain the infused oil. Discard the garlic. If any specks of garlic remain in the oil re-strain using clean cheese cloth.
- Store the cooled oil in a glass container with a lid that fits tightly for up to seven days in the fridge. The infused olive oil will become cloudy in the cooler temperature of the fridge environment. Simply run warm water over the container to warm up the oil when ready to use and it will quickly become clear again.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.