- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 T Kosher salt flakes
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 T garlic granules
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 pork shoulder (7 – 8 lbs.)
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- Mustard Based BBQ Sauce
- Rinse pork shoulder with cold water. Trim loose fat but do not remove the “fat cap."
- Coat pork butt with Dijon mustard
- Mix together the thyme, kosher salt, chipotle powder, garlic granules, chili powder, and black together. Apply the rub liberally to the mustard coated pork butt.
- Immediately place on the grill with the fat cap up.
- Smoke at 225 degrees F until you reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- Remove from grill and wrap the pork shoulder tightly in heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place pork shoulder back on the grill. Increase grill temp to 240 F
- Slow smoke at 240 F until pork reaches an internal temperature of 195 degrees F, approximately 8-10 hours (in total).
- When pork reaches an internal temperature of 195F remove from heat and let rest to re-absorb some of the juices trapped inside the foil.
- Unwrap, pull apart and enjoy mouth-watering shredded pork. Serve on a ciabatta style bun and add our Memphis Grill Mustard Based BBQ Sauce to taste.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.