- For the shrimp:
- 1/2 lb jumbo prawns, peeled, deveined, tail-on
- 1 tsp of each of the following spices:
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- dry mustard
- Or 2T Tandoori Paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 oz heavy coconut milk
- 1 red onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- For the salad:
- 1 mango, sliced thin
- English cucumber
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 T sugar
- With the Direct Flame Insert seated in the Savorizer®, heat the grill to Direct Flame Mode “LOW”
- Mix together the spices, salt, coconut milk, onions, and prawns. Place in fridge in a container until the grill is prepared.
- Score the cucumber with a fork and slice thinly. Mix the vinegars with the sugar and add ½ cup of crushed ice. Julienne 3-5 grilled mint leaves and 10-15 cilantro leaves. Add to the vinegar mix and pour over the sliced cucumbers. Allow these to sit while you grill the prawns and onions.
- Skewer your prawns and grill over an open flame. Grill the sliced onion with the prawns and baste both with the remaining tandoori sauce while cooking.
- Remove prawns and onions from grill and serve over a bed of mango and the chilled cucumber salad. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lemon.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.