- 1 ½ lbs Red Bliss potatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¾ C milk
- 1 pkg (5.2 oz) spiced cheese (garlic or herb varieties from Boursin work very well)
- 1 Tbsp chives, sliced
- 6-7 slices bacon
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Cheddar cheese (for garnish)
- Preheat Memphis to 350 degrees F.
- Boil potatoes in covered pot until tender, then drain.
- While potatoes are boiling, melt butter in a saucepan.
- In another pan (or directly on the grill), cook bacon until crispy. Once cooked, remove from heat and let cool on paper towels.
- Return potatoes to pot and smash.
- Stir in butter, milk, cheese and chives.
- Cover pot again and turn down heat on Memphis so the potato mixture lightly “pops” up, but isn’t bubbling.
- Cook until thoroughly heated, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While potatoes are finishing, chop bacon into tiny pieces.
- Remove from heat. Add bacon, cheddar and salt and pepper to taste and serve as a side dish everyone will want seconds of.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.