- 1 ½ lbs Red Bliss potatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp butter
- ¾ C milk
- 1 pkg (5.2 oz) spiced cheese (garlic or herb varieties from Boursin work very well)
- 1 Tbsp chives, sliced
- 6-7 slices bacon
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Cheddar cheese (for garnish)
- Preheat Memphis to 350 degrees F.
- Boil potatoes in covered pot until tender, then drain.
- While potatoes are boiling, melt butter in a saucepan.
- In another pan (or directly on the grill), cook bacon until crispy. Once cooked, remove from heat and let cool on paper towels.
- Return potatoes to pot and smash.
- Stir in butter, milk, cheese and chives.
- Cover pot again and turn down heat on Memphis so the potato mixture lightly “pops” up, but isn’t bubbling.
- Cook until thoroughly heated, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While potatoes are finishing, chop bacon into tiny pieces.
- Remove from heat. Add bacon, cheddar and salt and pepper to taste and serve as a side dish everyone will want seconds of.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.