- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (or bacon fat)
- ¼ C butter, melted butter
- ¼ C oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 C buttermilk
- 1 C cornmeal
- 1 C unbleached white flour
- ½ C white sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the Memphis Pellet Grill to 375 F*
- Grease an 8” cast iron frying pan with the bacon fat and set inside the Memphis while it pre-heats.
- Mix together the melted butter, oil, eggs and buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the cornmeal, white flour, salt and baking soda.
- With a few swift strokes combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. The batter will be a bit lumpy.
- Pour batter into the hot cast iron pan and place on the lower rack of the pre-heated Memphis. Close the lid and bake for 35 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cornbread should come out clean when the bread is done.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.