- Rub Ingredients list
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher or sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Marinade Ingredients list
- 2 chipotle chilies
- 2 Tbsp adobo sauce
- 1 C onions, chopped
- 1/4 C cider vinegar
- 1/4 C Worcestershire sauce
- 1 beer (your choice!)
- Sauce Ingredients list
- 1 C fat-free, reduced sodium beef broth
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp pickled jalapeño liquid
- Other Ingredients list
- Flat brisket
- 2 C onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp jalapeños
- Mix all dry marinade ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Take 2 Tbsp of rub mixture and add to a blender with 2 chipotle chiles and 2 Tbsp of adobo sauce. Add 1 C chopped onion, 1/4 C cider vinegar, 1/4 C worcestershire sauce and beer. Blend until smooth in blender.
- Take flat brisket and put in a 2 gallon resealable bag. Pour in the marinade and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Start smoking with hickory pellets at 200-225 degrees F. While temperature is coming up, remove brisket and rub with remaining rub mixture. Let sit at room temperature 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Put brisket on the grill for 3 1/2 hours or until internal temp reaches 170 degrees F. Turn the grill up to 250 degrees F.
- While grill is coming up to 250 degrees F, take large foil and put 2 C of chopped onions and 2 Tbsp of jalapeños in the bottom of foil. Place brisket on top of bed of onion mixture and seal the foil. Place back on the grill for 1 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 190 degrees F.
- Take the brisket off the grill and place in a cooler for 1 hour.
- Unwrap brisket, reserving juices in a plastic bag. Let juices sit for 10 minutes and fat will rise to the top. Prepare sauce during this time.
- Cook sauce over medium heat adding onions and jalapenos from the foil and 1/2 C of the drippings (snip corner of the resealable bag to get the meat drippings, but be careful not to get the fat). Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Use the sauce for dipping the brisket.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.