- ¼ C almonds, sliced
- ¼ C packed dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ C all-purpose flour
- 2/3 C sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 5 Tbsp cold, unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ C milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat Memphis to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 ½ x 4 ½ inch pan.
- Mix brown sugar and almonds together and sprinkle on the bottom of the pan.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg together thoroughly.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture, being careful to not let the butter melt or form a paste with the flour. The mixture should resemble coarse crumbs.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla.
- Pour the egg mixture over the flour mixture and stir about ¾ of the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fold in blueberries until all the dry ingredients are just moistened and the blueberries are evenly distributed.
- Spoon the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Take cake off Memphis and let cool in the pan 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve warm, or for the crunchiest topping, let cool first.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.