- 3 apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 T brown sugar
- ¼ C white sugar
- 1 T butter
- 4” square of puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Peel apples, remove cores, chop into ½” dice, and place apple pieces into a medium sized saucepan.
- Add the cinnamon, brown sugar, white sugar and butter. Cook, stirring often, over medium/high heat until the liquid released from the apples reduces into syrup and the apples are soft. Remove from heat and let cool while you prepare the puff pastry.
- Pre-heat the Memphis Pellet Grill to 400 F
- Roll puff pastry out into a 4” x 16” rectangle. Cut rectangle into four, 4” squares.
- Place ¼ of the apple mixture in the centre of each puff pastry square. Lift the corners of the pastry and fold them over the top of the filling allowing the four corner points to overlap in the centre.
- Use the lightly beaten egg to help stick the pastry points together, then brush the top of each apple parcel with the rest of the egg wash. Carefully place the bundles onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with white sugar.
- Bake on the lower rack of the pre-heated Memphis for 20 – 25 minutes until the pastry has puffed up nicely and the parcels are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack before serving.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.