- 2 racks Pork or Baby Back Ribs
- Big Swede BBQ Badass Pork Boost or your favorite sweet BBQ rub
- 2 cups Dark brown sugar
- 2 sticks Butter
- 2 cups Agave Nectar
- 1 bottle Sweet BBQ sauce
- Cut along the longest bone to remove the rib tips. If needed, remove the end bones for better uniformity. Next, remove the membrane on the back of the ribs.
- Liberally season both sides of the ribs using the sweet BBQ rub, and then let the ribs sit for 45 minutes.
- Set your Memphis Grill to 180F using apple or cherry pellets.
- Place the seasoned ribs on the smoker and close the lid. Leave them to smoke for 3 hours.
- Tear off two pieces of aluminum foil and place on a large working surface. Slice a stick of butter into 4 slices. Place two of the butter slices on the foil, add ½ cup of sugar and ½ cup of agave nectar. Transfer the ribs to the foil bone side up. Top the rib with the two additional slices of butter, another ½ cup of sugar and ½ cup of agave nectar.
- Wrap the foil together tightly to create an airtight seal. Repeat with the second rack.
- Return to the grill and increase your cooking temperature to 240F. Let the ribs braise for 2 hours in the foil.
- Carefully remove the ribs from the grill and place on a large working surface. Open the foil package and remove the ribs. Sauce them generously with the BBQ sauce and then and place them back on the grill, bone side down.
- Close the lid of your grill and cook at 240F for an additional hour or until the ribs have reached an inner temperature of 203-205F and the sauce is sticky and set.
- Remove the racks, slice into individual ribs, and serve immediately.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.