- 2 racks Pork or Baby Back Ribs
- Big Swede BBQ Badass Pork Boost or your favorite sweet BBQ rub
- 2 cups Dark brown sugar
- 2 sticks Butter
- 2 cups Agave Nectar
- 1 bottle Sweet BBQ sauce
- Cut along the longest bone to remove the rib tips. If needed, remove the end bones for better uniformity. Next, remove the membrane on the back of the ribs.
- Liberally season both sides of the ribs using the sweet BBQ rub, and then let the ribs sit for 45 minutes.
- Set your Memphis Grill to 180F using apple or cherry pellets.
- Place the seasoned ribs on the smoker and close the lid. Leave them to smoke for 3 hours.
- Tear off two pieces of aluminum foil and place on a large working surface. Slice a stick of butter into 4 slices. Place two of the butter slices on the foil, add ½ cup of sugar and ½ cup of agave nectar. Transfer the ribs to the foil bone side up. Top the rib with the two additional slices of butter, another ½ cup of sugar and ½ cup of agave nectar.
- Wrap the foil together tightly to create an airtight seal. Repeat with the second rack.
- Return to the grill and increase your cooking temperature to 240F. Let the ribs braise for 2 hours in the foil.
- Carefully remove the ribs from the grill and place on a large working surface. Open the foil package and remove the ribs. Sauce them generously with the BBQ sauce and then and place them back on the grill, bone side down.
- Close the lid of your grill and cook at 240F for an additional hour or until the ribs have reached an inner temperature of 203-205F and the sauce is sticky and set.
- Remove the racks, slice into individual ribs, and serve immediately.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.