- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (1 large onion)
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 pound ground turkey chorizo
- 3/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 2 (4 oz.) cans diced green chilies, undrained
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- In a medium sauté pan, over medium-low heat, cook the onions, olive oil, salt, pepper, and cumin until translucent, but not browned, approximately 10 minutes. Add the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, and tomato paste and mix well. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine the ground turkey, chorizo, breadcrumbs, green chilies, eggs, and onion mixture in a large bowl. Mix well and shape into a rectangular loaf in an ungreased 9x13-inch cake pan. Spread the ketchup evenly on top.
- Heat the Memphis Grill to 325°F, with the Indirect Savorizer® in place.
- Cook for 1 1/2 -2 hours until the internal temperature is 160°F (use the meat probe or instant-read thermometer to check).
- Let the turkey loaf rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.