- 1 ½ C flour
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ C cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 egg yolk plus ice water to yield 1/3 C
- 2 C strawberry slices, fresh or frozen
- 3 C rhubarb, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ¾ C white sugar
- 1/3 C flour
- 1 Tbsp chilled butter
- Combine flour and salt. Add cubes of cold butter and cut into the dry ingredients until mixture is just a bit chunkier than cornmeal. Drizzle half of the egg yolk/ice water mixture over the dry mixture mixing quickly with a fork. Slowly add the remaining liquid a bit at a time until shaggy dough that holds together when pressed gently is formed. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and form the dough into a disc shape about 1 ½” thick. Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, for about half an hour.
- Pre-heat the Memphis Wood Fire Grill to 400 F.
- When it’s time to assemble the galette, combine strawberry and rhubarb pieces in a bowl. Mix the flour into the sugar and toss with the fruit until all the pieces are evenly coated. Set aside.
- Place the chilled pastry disc on a lightly floured surface and roll out into a 16” circle. Fold the pie dough in half then fold it over once more (so it is now folded into a quarter of its original size). Move the dough onto a parchment paper lined flat pan and unfold the quartered circle.
- Carefully spoon the strawberry/rhubarb filling into the center of the pastry circle, leaving a three inch ring of pastry uncovered around the outer edge. Dot the surface of the filling with small knobs of chilled butter (use about 1 Tbsp of butter altogether).
- Fold the pastry up around the filling, making small pleats in the pastry so it fits snuggly. Sprinkle the top of the galette with a bit of white sugar. Trim the excess parchment paper away from the galette and place the pan on the bottom rack of the pre-heated Memphis. Close the lid and bake for 40 minutes or until the filling is soft and bubbly and the pastry is a nice golden color.
- Remove from grill and let rest for at least half an hour before serving.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.