- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 trout filets – skin on one side, (2 lbs)
- Lemon wedges
- Pre-heat the Memphis Pellet Grill to 225 F
- A properly prepared fish filet will have the pin bones removed, but I always check for them by rubbing my fingers along the center of each filet. They are small and one or two is sometimes missed. Use tweezers or small needle-nose pliers to remove any pin bones you find.
- Make the rub by mixing the brown sugar, salt, oregano, thyme, onion powder, chili powder and pepper. Pat the rub into the top surface of each trout filet.
- Place the prepared filets on the lower rack of the Memphis and close the lid. Smoke the fish until the filet’s internal temperature reaches 140 F. This will take from 1 ½ - 2 hours depending on the thickness of your trout filets.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.