- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 trout filets – skin on one side, (2 lbs)
- Lemon wedges
- Pre-heat the Memphis Pellet Grill to 225 F
- A properly prepared fish filet will have the pin bones removed, but I always check for them by rubbing my fingers along the center of each filet. They are small and one or two is sometimes missed. Use tweezers or small needle-nose pliers to remove any pin bones you find.
- Make the rub by mixing the brown sugar, salt, oregano, thyme, onion powder, chili powder and pepper. Pat the rub into the top surface of each trout filet.
- Place the prepared filets on the lower rack of the Memphis and close the lid. Smoke the fish until the filet’s internal temperature reaches 140 F. This will take from 1 ½ - 2 hours depending on the thickness of your trout filets.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.