- 5 lb of Beef ribs
- 1/2 cup of your favorite Beef BBQ rub
- 1/2 cup of coarse black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Water
- Beef Broth
- Smoked Beans:
- 1 Tbs Butter
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Lb Peppered Bacon, diced
- 3 Jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 cup Guinness Beer
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 2 Tbs Molasses
- 6 cups cooked Pinto beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the temperature in your Memphis Wood Fire Grill to Smoke Mode 250°F and use oak or hickory pellets. If your beef ribs have the cap still attached, use a sharp filet knife to remove. Leave the membrane on the bones intact. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Generously apply the first layer of your BBQ rub and then add a second layer of coarse black pepper. Massage in to ensure it's well coated. Place the beef ribs in the grill and slide an aluminum pan with beef broth underneath to collect the drippings. Combine the water and vinegar in a spray bottle. Once the rack has had at least 2 hours of smoke, spritz with the vinegar mixture every hour or so.
- Smoke until the beef ribs reach an internal temperature of 204°-208°F. Once at temperature, remove rack and wrap in butchers’ paper, then set in a cooler to rest for an hour.
- While the beef ribs are resting increase the Memphis Wood Fire Grill to 375°F.
- Heat butter in a large cast iron pan and sauté onion and garlic in hot oil until onion begins to soften. Add bacon and jalapeno peppers, and then cook and stir until bacon is browned. Stir beer, barbecue sauce, brown sugar, and molasses into the skillet and then add pinto beans. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook in the grill until bubbling and browned, about 45 minutes.
- Slice ribs between bone and serve together with the Smoked Beans.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.