- 1/3 C butter
- ¼ C flour
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp kosher salt flakes
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 ½ C Milk
- 1 cooking onion, thin slices
- 2 T butter
- 2 lb. potatoes (4 - 6 potatoes)
- Pre-heat the Memphis Pellet grill to 350 F.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook the roux, whisking constantly for one minute.
- Add the milk slowly while whisking and continue to whisk while the sauce heats up and thickens nicely. This will take 4 – 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Melt 2 T butter in a skillet and sauté the onions until they are soft and translucent.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them in half lengthwise and slice thinly.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking oil and place half the potatoes, overlapping the slices as you work. Sprinkle the onions overtop and layer on the remaining potato slices.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the casserole, shaking it lightly so the sauce settles down around the layered potatoes. Cover with foil and place on the middle rack of the pre-heated Memphis.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake for 15 more minutes or until the top has turned a nice golden brown color.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.