- 2 lbs baby fingerling potatoes
- 2 scallions, trimmed, white parts cut crosswire into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Huancaina sauce:
- 6 ounces of queso blanco
- 1 bottled Peruvian yellow chile
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Set grill to 400°F.
- Cut any large potatoes in half or thirds so all the potatoes are the same size. Place the potatoes and scallion whites in a baking dish or disposable aluminum foil pan large enough to hold them in a single layer.
- Place the pan with the potatoes in the center of the grill. Close the lid and smoke-roast the potatoes until tender, for about 40-60 minutes.
- Begin preparing your Huancaina sauce by placing all of your ingredients for the sauce into a food processor. Puree until smooth. Add salt or lemon juice to taste.
- Once the potatoes are tender, place in a mixing bowl and stir in the Huancaina sauce.
- Sprinkle with the chopped scallion greens and serve.
Leave Your Review
Have you made this recipe? Leave your review and share your feedback below!
Thank your for your review!
Review ratings are recalculated once every few hours - check back shortly to see the new recipe rating!
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.