- Whole, bone-in Prime Rib
- For the rub:
- 2 T ground white pepper
- 2 T dry thyme
- 1 T cracked black pepper
- 3 T Powder of finely-ground dried mushrooms such as porcini, morel, shiitake, etc.
- 1T granulated garlic
- 1T pink salt
- 10-12 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2T soy sauce
- 2 T olive oil
- In a food processor, mix all types of dried mushrooms you can find. We used a dried mix and then spiked it with extra morels and shiitakes. Process until a powder is formed (about 5 minutes).
- Tenderize the roast all over. Cut 1/2 inch slits into the roast deep enough to push the fresh garlic cloves into the meat, evenly spaced. Place the roast rib-side down in a roasting pan, elevated on a rack above what will become the rendered juices and fat.
- Combine and pour the liquid ingredients over the meat, and then rub with the olive oil. Mix all of the rub ingredients together and pat onto the meat on all sides except the bottom.
- Place in a 500 degree Memphis with the convection fans on. Sear for 25 minutes at this temp, then reduce to smoke at 290 degrees for about 15 minutes per pound or until internal temp reaches 120.
- Remove the meat and rack from the roasting pan and pour the majority of the fat off of the juices. Simmer the remaining liquid for 2-3 minutes and either serve alongside the sliced meat or drizzle the jus over each serving, as we have.
Don’t miss out
Let's be friends. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates on new launches, recipes, and more.